- Asia, Europe, Latin America & Caribbean
- Student Year
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior
- Courses Offered By
- College of Arts and Letters, Keough School of Global Affairs
2020 Program Dates: May 25 - July 10
Notre Dame International offers undergraduate students an international experiential learning opportunity to discover firsthand within an immersive environment how businesses and organizations operate in selected locations throughout the world. The Global Professional Experience Program places students with selected global and local companies and organizations in Asia (China, India, and Japan), Europe (Greece and the United Kingdom), and Latin America (Brazil and Chile).
This seven-week program includes three main components:
- A one-credit course that offers an exploration of historic, social, and economic dimensions related to each of the program’s regions, in addition to providing a forum to reflect upon new international perspectives, inter-cultural knowledge, collaborative skills, integrative competencies, and career discernment.
- A one-week on-site orientation provided by the Notre Dame Global Gateways and Global Centers, and selected service providers. The on-site orientation helps students better understand the local cultures and includes cultural excursions and basic language training.
- A six-week placement within a business or organization that will provide students with professional experiences related to their academic and professional interests. Host businesses and organizations include media, startups, technology, healthcare, and finance, among other sectors.
Notre Dame International provides logistical support in each location through its Global Network, including Global Gateways, Global Centers, and partners.