If you have been waitlisted for a study abroad program, you still have some opportunities to be selected and should be aware of the following information:
- Being on a program's waitlist means that you qualify to participate in the program but the program has reached its capacity.
- Accepted students must confirm or decline their offer within one week of receipt of offer. If openings develop, you may be offered a spot in a program. Study Abroad will be in touch with you and no further action is required on your part.
- There is no ranked order on the waitlist. Each location has different considerations.
- If you have been accepted by one program but wish to remain on the waitlist for another program, please be advised that once you accept the offer for a program, you are no longer on the waitlist for other academic year programs. Give careful consideration before giving up any offer.
- Throughout the year, some students who have been accepted to study abroad withdraw from their programs for various reasons and the Study Abroad team will be in touch with waitlisted students when such openings become available.
- A few programs with limited spaces available will reopen for applications on Tuesday, January 18th. You are encouraged to check the study abroad website and apply if you are interested in any of the programs. Decisions will be on a rolling basis and will close when the programs reach full capacity.
- Notre Dame International is committed to expanding its Study Abroad programs. Check our website regularly for announcements about new opportunities.
- Consider summer Study Abroad options. Some programs may still be accepting students. Visit the summer study abroad webpage to determine if any summer programs are open for applications.
- Make sure you have a valid passport expiring at least six months after your anticipated program end date. You need to possess a valid passport to be considered for participation should opportunities arise.