Study Abroad Costs and Fees
Students participating in Study Abroad programs conducted during the academic year will be charged Notre Dame tuition, on-campus room and meal charges, and a $750 Study Abroad fee. Costs for summer programs vary by location.
Notre Dame Tuition and Study Abroad Fee Cover:
- Tuition for the program of study
- Room and stipend, specific to site
- Notre Dame credit and grades for approved courses taken abroad
- GeoBlue International Health Insurance
- Curricular field trips, dependent on site
Costs for Which Students are Responsible:
- Round-trip travel costs to the program site
- Passport and visa fees
- Residence permit fees
- Books and supplies
- Other personal expenses
Notre Dame International believes that study abroad is a unique opportunity for academic, personal, and intercultural growth. With the generous support from alumni and donors, NDI Study Abroad is proud to offer funding opportunities to students for cultural enrichment opportunities while abroad.
Notes about Financial Aid While Abroad
- Federal Work Study is not available at Study Abroad program sites
- For more information on financial aid for study abroad programs, visit the Office of Financial Aid's website.
NDI works closely with the Offices of Financial Aid and Student Accounts to ensure that students with financial need—in particular those with the highest need—have access to NDI’s Study Abroad programs. It is the University’s goal to offer an education abroad opportunity to every student who is interested and qualified. Students with questions about their specific financial circumstances should contact the Office of Financial Aid directly. We strongly recommend that students meet with a financial aid counselor to ensure they understand how financial aid will apply to their estimated program costs.
For further financial assistance information, please view the video below.
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship (National Security Education Program)
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Diversity Abroad
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Gilman-McCain Scholarship
- Institute of International Education
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- Rotary International
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program (postgraduate)
- Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan (Japan)
- The Freeman-Asia Award Program (Asia)
- German Academic Exchange Service (Germany)
- Japan Student Services Organization (Japan)
- Monbukagakusho Scholarships (Japan)
- The Naughton Fellowship (STEM) (Ireland)
- Abroad with Disabilities: Dr. Natalia Gomez Passport Scholarship
Nationally Competitive Fellowships