If you have been wait listed for Study Abroad, you still have some opportunities to be selected and should be aware of the following information:
- Being on a program's wait list means that you qualify to participate in the program but it has reached capacity.
- Accepted students must confirm or decline their offer within one week of receipt of offer. If openings develop, you may be offered a spot in a program. There is usually some activity on wait lists up until the middle of March for fall and academic year programs, and in August for spring programs.
- There is no ranked order on the wait list. Each location has different considerations.
- If you have a definite offer in one program but wish to remain on a wait list in other programs, BE ADVISED that once you confirm for a program, you are no longer on the waitlist for other academic year programs. Give careful consideration before giving up any offer.
- Make sure you have a valid passport expiring at least six months after your anticipated program end date. If an opportunity presents itself with short notice, you need to possess a valid passport to be considered for participation.
- Consider summer Study Abroad options as well as options beyond study abroad. Scholarships may be available for some programs.
- Notre Dame International is committed to expanding its Study Abroad programs. Check our website regularly for announcements about new opportunities.